Natural Fibromyalgia Treatment
Natural fibromyalgia treatment seems to be the direction that most people who suffer from fibromyalgia are heading towards these days. Although there have been a number of new treatment therapies for fibromyalgia and other autoimmune disorders, most of those new therapies tend to include a variety of toxic medication and fibromyalgia drugs.
What exactly does using natural remedies for fibromyalgia mean? This site focus on one aspect of natural fibromylagia treatment, fibromyalgia exercises, which includes: fibromyalgia stretching exercises, exerices to help with fibromyalgia while pregnant and yoga exercises for fibromyalgia pain relief. Apart from exercises, what other options are there to treat fibromyalgia naturally?
One method would be natural herbs and supplements for fibromyalgia. These would include things such as:
- S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe): this is produced naturally in the body and is required for proper immune function, cell membrane maintenance, assistance in the production and breakdown of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine, and plays a crucial part in forming cartilage and our genetic material (DNA)
- Magnesium: this mineral can be found naturally in foods such as green leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds, and whole grains as well as fortified nutritional supplements. Magnesium, along with malic acid which is a fruit acid found naturally in apples, are quite often recommended for those with fibromyalgia because these are both needed for the generation of energy in cells in the form of adenosine triphosphate (ATP).
- Vitamin D: Fibromyalgia and assorted other generalized aches and pains that don’t qualify in the fibromyalgia treatment guidelines have been attributed by some researchers to vitamin D deficiency. For example, a large German study examined 994 people and found a strong correlation between low vitamin D levels and higher rates and longer duration of generalized bone and/or muscle aches and pains.
- 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP): The supplement 5-HTP, another potential natural fibromyalgia treatment, is thought to work by increasing levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain. There is preliminary evidence that it may reduce the number of fibromyalgia pressure points and also by possibly by effecting pain-modulating systems in the brainstem.
- Vitamin B12: There has been a study completed in Sweden that showed low levels of vitamin B12 in the cerebrospinal fluid of people with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Natural fibromyalgia treatment is not as difficult as one may think. It basically boils down to lifestyle changes to counteract the symptoms found on the fibromyalgia symptoms list. Things like fibromyalgia exercise, healthy living, getting proper sleep and a proper diet will all help you in your quest to cope with fibromyalgia.
Share and Enjoy